Monday, July 22, 2013

Daisy 25

I had a Cabelas Fathers Day gift card I needed to spend so I picked up a Daisy Model 25 last weekend. I'm not a huge fan of BB guns but there are now two BB guns in my collection. The Model 25 joins its cousin the Red Ryder. My 70th anniversary Red Ryder is used as a Christmas decoration and leans against an old console radio that has a leg lamp sitting on it..... My tribute to "A Christmas Story".


The Model 25 is a well made BB gun. Daisy did a good job with this one. They made like it should be made, with wood and metal. 


Fit and finish is pretty good, the wood and the painted metal look good. The classic hunting scene is engraved into the metal.



To load the rifle the shot tube is unscrewed and up to 50 BBs can be loaded into the magazine.

The rear sight has the option of a notch or peep, I prefer the peep as my eyes aren't what they were when I was 10 years old and the peep makes it easier for me to see the target.




 I shot a few 10 shot groups at 5 yards from a bench with the rifle rested on a bag. This was my best group at 1 inch with most of the shots going into a group of about a half an inch. More than accurate enough to kill  pesky soda cans.

This BB gun wont get shot much, it will keep the Red Ryder company hanging on the wall. I think it would make a great first BB gun for a kid, it is built solid enough to survive a young shooter.  







3 comments:

  1. Just in time to celebrate the Model 25's 100th. anniversary in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just what I need.... a reason to buy another one.

      Delete
  2. Nice. Just picked up the same model today on a trade. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete