Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Crosman 101 Project

I have been keeping an eye out for another Crosman 101, I wanted one in need of restoring / refinishing. The one I found is the perfect candidate. It is complete other than the broken off rear sight and at some point someone thought it was a good idea to spray paint it but didn't bother to mask off the wood on the pump handle.


The stock has been refinished (not very well) and has some fresh scratches. Once I get it sanded down I'll have to decide if I'm going to stain it or leave it blonde. 


There were four different logos used on the receivers of the 101s. this one has the "curved" logo.

The cocking knob dates this air gun to 1946-1950+ 

I'm looking forward to this rebuild and plan on taking my time and doing the best job I can restoring this fine old air gun.




No comments:

Post a Comment