Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Crosman 766 update

Related blogs:
Crosman 766


I opened up the 766 one more time to replace the missing parts for shooting BBs.
The detent and spring to keep the BBs in front of the bolt and not let them roll out the barrel.


The BB follower and spring to hold the BBs in the magazine.


And the last piece, the detent to hold the forearm  in the closed position.

I had found some screws that fit to hold the receiver halves together, but wanted to replace them with screws with the correct oval shaped head. Crosman no longer has the screw that goes in the upper left of the receiver. I had a flat head screw that fit so I blued the head to replace the missing screw.


I'm calling this project done, it ended up being a good shooter. Now it's time to get ready for the next project.









4 comments:

  1. Believe it or not I lost that darn little spring that holds a tiny brass valve that is on the top of the mechanism that has a tiny post on one end and a conical shape to the other end. How can I get the spring or can I improvise with a retractable ball point pen spring ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That spring is easy to loose. A spring from a pen should work fine as long as it will fit over the post, just cut it to length and you should be set. I have a variety pack of springs that I picked up at a hardware store that has saved me a few times.
      If you only shoot pellets in your 766 you can leave that part out but if you shoot BBs you need it. That part keeps the BB from rolling away from the bolt until the magnet can get a hold of it.
      Have fun with your 766 huskyjerk!

      Delete
  2. forgot to say that it's from a Crosman 766 air rifle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lost that spring a few minutes ago, never knew my kitchen had so many crumbs/dog hair/etc hiding beneath the toe kicks...but, still no spring! However, the Bics around here are looking scared! thanks for advice

    ReplyDelete