Saturday, April 20, 2013

Avanti 747

I will have to get back to the Crosman 100 blog later. It has been a long winter here in South Dakota and to break up the monotony I went to the nearest Cabelas. It's 75 miles away. I didn't find anything there I couldn't live without. Leaving the parking lot I saw that the privately owned gun shop I normally visit on this trip had moved across the street from Cabelas. They had just moved and were still setting up the store. I happened to see a Benjamin pumper pistol in a display case and behind it was the Avanti 747, the 747 was priced to sell.
I'm not a pistol shooter by any stretch of the imagination, but I like accurate air guns and I knew this pistol would be very accurate. Needless to say it didn't take long for me to talk myself into bringing it home with me.
I knew that the 747 was a good entry level target pistol but that was the extent of my knowledge. When I got it home and started checking it out I was more and more impressed.
It feels well balanced and has a good weight to it. I gave it a quick once over at the gun shop but didn't see that it has an adjustable trigger, it is adjustable for pull weight from 1 to 3 lbs. Another nice feature is that the pump linkage is adjustable for length.
I'll be spending some time with it this weekend and will do a follow up report.

For those not familiar with the 747. It is a single stroke pneumatic target pistol in .177 cal. Single shot bolt action. It takes 17 lbs of force to pump it. The sights are notch and post the rear sight is adjustable for windage and elevation. There are no provisions for mounting a scope. Trigger pull is adjustable from 1 to 3 lbs. Muzzle velocity is 360 fps.


No comments:

Post a Comment