Sunday, April 21, 2013

Daisy Avanti 747 "Part 2"

I have wondered this for a while now.... Why does Daisy have the "Avanti" line and not put the Avanti name on the air guns in that line? I have an 853 and now the 747 both say "Daisy Powerline" on the action the Avanti name is no where to be found on either air gun????
I thought I would start off with a few more pics of the pistol.


A pic with the lever opened up.

In this pic you can see the adjustable piston. Simply use a flat tip screw driver to turn the piston. Adjust the length until the piston just touches the end of the compression tube at the end of the pump stroke.

 T

The trigger adjustment screw is below the trigger guard. I haven't adjusted it, the trigger feels great right out of the box.

  Shooting from a bench with the pistol rested on a bag. The target was set up at 15 feet. The sights were pretty close right out of the box, close enough to check a few pellets. I shot 10 shot groups with the 3 pellets that showed the most promise. 

First up is my "go to" pellet for target shooting, RWS R10 in 7 grain. 
It did pretty well, .32" center to center.

RWS Meisterkugeln in 8.2 grain were next. They shot as well as the R10 with .32" CTC.

The last pellet I tested was the Vogel. The group opened up to over 1/2". 

2 comments: