Thursday, April 18, 2013

Crosman 100 "Part 1"

I picked up this Crosman 100 a while back on an online auction. I bid on it thinking it was a .22 cal 101 but was pleasantly surprised when it turned out to be the .177 cal version. I all ready have a 101 but the paint is mostly gone. Considering its age the paint on this one is in good shape and the stocks don't look bad either.

It needed some attention, it wouldn't hold air when I got it. The seals in the valve were leaking. The pump seal  is worn but still serviceable, I'll probably end up making a new piston that uses O-rings instead of a cup type seal. Replacement seals are still available and finding one is on my list of things to do.

The 100 and 101 are identical other than the barrel and bolt.  The internals are pretty simple and maybe a little "crude" but it works. The 101 I have was made around 1929 and after a reseal holds air for months and shoots great.
A couple pics of the hammer and valve disassembled....






2 comments:

  1. where did you find cup seal for 101 i have looked can't find any

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Dennis Baker of Airgun Repair for all my vintage air gun parts. It's been a few years since I've worked on any air guns so I'm out of the loop now. I hope Dennis is still in the business, if he isn't the airgun forums should be able to help with finding parts. Good luck!

      Delete