Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Daisy 201 " Part 2 "

 Boring out the compression tube went well. The seal measures out to be .75 inches, I bored the tube to .745" then polished the machining marks out. A good clean up and now the piston pushes air.  


I left the new cylinder a little long.

I was hoping that the friction of the seal inside the tube would be enough to retract the transfer port from the barrel and allow the barrel to be opened for loading pellets, that didn't happen. I have a plan for that.... 

After a few shots to make sure everything was functioning  I shot ten pellets at 15 feet. They hit low and left but at least it has enough power to break through paper and the cardboard backer. The group is 3 1/2" 
6 of the shots went into a group of 1 1/2". 

Since it now has enough power to shoot its way out of a wet paper bag I'll continue on with replacing the smooth bore barrel with a rifled barrel.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome stuff, keep posting what you are modifying on this gun. Can't wait to read the work with the rifled barrel. Out of curiosity, what power increase did you get out of the mods so far?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It surprises me how much interest there is in this pistol, looking at the view counts the 201 is second in views behind the Disco silencer.
    This project has been shelved for now, I'm not sure when I'll get back to it. I didn't do any Chrony tests on this pistol so I can't report on the velocity gains, other than it will now launch a pellet with enough force to reach a target 15 feet away and punch a hole in the paper. IIRC the rated FPS for this pistol is less than 200 fps. I did get a couple of Marksman 1010 pistols as part of package deal, when I get back to this project I'll do a side by side comparison of the two pistols. I do want to finish the rifled barrel mod but I have no Idea when I'll get around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems to be a through away pistol to me. Thanks for the post for as I seem to find "0" info on this gun. FYI...got mine @ yard sale for 75cents. Lol

    ReplyDelete