Friday, May 10, 2013

Benjamin Discovery Chrony test

 After pumping the Disco up to 2000 psi I set up the Chrony to see if I could find the sweet spot for the Disco. I fired 3 ten shot strings, firing ten shots at three different targets.Looking at the chrony numbers the best numbers are from 1800 psi to 1200 psi or shots 8 through 23.
The first shots start at 940 fps climb to 960 fps before dropping back to 940 fps at shot #26 


Looking at the targets I shot it tells a different story, the deviation in fps from shot 1 to shot 30 didn't have much effect on the shot groups. All three 10 shot groups can be covered with a dime and the POI didn't move.

I was focused on the chrony numbers and didn't think about the POI not moving until the next day. I set up another target and shot 10 shot groups until the POI started to drop. I got 17 more shots before the POI started moving down. That gives me 47 shots inside a dime at 10 yards. 

This air gun seems to shoot well at 900 psi and that is encouraging for CO2. I'll have to check it out on CO2 this weekend. 






No comments:

Post a Comment